Sunday 16 September 2012

37 weeks

Well, starting tomorrow, I’m 37 weeks along. My next ultrasound is on Tuesday.  I’m feeling fine and the baby is moving well. But this is officially the first week when they might call and say that I should be induced. No pressure!


Jamie and I are continuing to work on the nursery and anything else that we can think of to prepare. The car seat still needs to be installed and bags need to be packed. In the mean time, I’m going to two pre-natal yoga classes this week, one midwife appointment, one chiropractor appointment, one massage, a union meeting and still walking the dog everyday. That’s just what I can remember without checking my calendar.

One thing that I have noticed is that I don’t have the same endurance. I was working in the house yesterday and managed to hurt my ribs somehow. Maybe it was limb sticking into them, but more likely given the baby’s posture of late, I lifted up something I shouldn’t have. Last week, I went swimming with Regine at the community centre. As I got out of the water and the gravity hit me, it finally dawned on me how much weight I’m carrying around. I’ve only gained 26lbs, which is acceptable. But, oh my goodness, could I suddenly feel every ounce as I got out of that water. I’m taking more breaks now and I’ll have to start relying on Jamie to do more bending and lifting for me. My pointer finger and language skills will be getting an extra workout now. So will Jamie. It’s a good thing that I have him around. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment