Friday 21 September 2012

37+5


Hello!

So I'm at 37 weeks and 5 days. I'm now set up to receive two ultrasounds a week. They are keeping track of the blood flow in the umbilical cord, the heartbeat, the fluid and some other stuff I'm sure. This all relates to having gestational diabetes and being on insulin. I had two ultrasounds this week and will continue to do so until I deliver. The first this week showed that everything was good. Although I haven't received the official report on the second one, the forthcoming technician said that it looked good too. I'm really hoping that this baby decides to come out on his or her own before they find a reason to induce. We'll see.  So on to week 38...

We've seen a preview of the baby bump pics I mentioned before and Jamie posted them on facebook. I'll add some here shortly. Oh my goodness, what a belly!

Thanks to a lot of hard work from Jamie and some great help from Regine, our nursery is coming together. All the final touches will have to wait until after the birth but the room is cleaned and filled with baby stuff. Life is filled with list making, buying things I had never even thought about before and going to appointments. But it is all getting done.

More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment