Friday 28 September 2012

Dad's 2 cents


I’m becoming a Dad. I still can’t get over that. I know I wanted to become one. I’ve always said having a family and friends is more important to me than anything in the world. 

I find there is a small amount of panic that sets in every once in a while. “Am I going to be a good Dad?” “Holy crap I don’t know the first thing about being a Dad.” These set in and then I come to the conclusion that it is because I worry about these things, that I will be a good Dad. 

I cannot describe the excitement that wells up in me when I think about all the awesome things that I get to do. I get to introduce a person who has never experienced music to The Beatles, Nirvana, The Black Keys! I get to take a child to Disneyland and experience the pure joy through their eyes all over again. I get to play again, in that “I don’t care who sees me making voices for my GI Joe’s” kind of way. The food! I can’t wait to teach my child the wonders of cooking a wholesome tasty meal. Also the wonders of enjoying a prepared one.

I said to Anne a few months ago, we are moving away from being the lead roles in our life. We're going to be supporting roles in our child’s story. 

Let the show begin!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this is sweet Jamie. I am glad that you and Anne found each other and have this new little girl to share your lives with.

    ReplyDelete